"My favorite animal is steak." ~ Fran Lebowitz.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tag!

I was tagged by Morgan at the Good Carbma! I have to list 8 facts about myself.

First, the Rules:
1) Post these rules before you give your facts.
2) List 8 random facts about yourself.
3) At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them (if you where already tagged disregard unless you want to do it again with different answers – which is fun).
4) Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged.

1. The first time around in college I was a Theater Major. I loved it, had a good time, even won a full scholarship based upon my grades and acting ability. I also worked for a local theater company and brought home a real live paycheck for my work as an actress there. After college I was faced with a choice of either moving to New York or L.A. to continue in my craft, or stay close to home in the Midwest and raise a family. I am still in the Midwest and have never regretted my decision.

2. I had recently gone back to school to pursue becoming an RN. I absolutely loved the science aspect of my studies (and was Dean's List), but when it came to the practicum I realized I really didn't want to be a nurse. God bless those called to be nurses...I'm just not one of those people. Still, I've considered Med School or finishing up with a degree in Nutrition...or maybe even Microbiology.

3. I have home schooled my three children. My oldest just graduated this year after having been home schooled for 12 years, and she has a full ride scholarship to a local college. My two younger ones, ages 13 and 8, are being home schooled again this year. We love it and have no plans to stop.

4. I have done a lot of different things through the years career-wise...up to and including managing bands and singers. I love music, all kinds.

5. I was also a personal chef for a while, cooking for busy or disabled people in their homes. Some of them had special diet requirements set forth by their doctors. I learned a lot about different eating plans while doing this. It was quite interesting.

6. I am married and just celebrated my 7th Anniversary this month.

7. I recently discovered a love for photography and have included this in my short list of hobbies.

8. I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue. LOL :-p

I'm tagging the following:

Anyone reading this who hasn't done this tag yet!

7 comments:

e.Craig Crawford said...

My vote is nutrition. I predict there is a growing demand for nutritionists, especially those who are into natural foods, whole grains and such. "Would you please pass the buckwheat groats?" But, whatever you decide, I hope it's something you love.

CJaneWinn said...

e.craig - That may very well be the way I go with it. Thanks for the encouragement, I appreciate it.

*passes buckwheat groats*

;-)

Jodi said...

Interesting facts. I've done this one before, but I might do it again...just for you. :)

I'm with E.Craig. You can be MY personal nutritionist.

J.

CJaneWinn said...

Thanks J.! That is sweet of you!

Anonymous said...

Hey, how'd you get to do only 8??? I got tagged with 10!! :D

Love your blog - the header pic makes me want to lick my monitor!

Denise said...

I didn't mean to post that above as anonymous - I could have sworn I was signed in as DriveThruOnly! Sorry! (I hate anonymous posts)

OhYeahBabe said...

It's neat that you were a chef! No wonder your food sounds so good!
OYB

Resolve not to get ripped off by scams like Kimkins!
Friends don't let friends do the Kimkins Starvation Diet!